Bradbury Software FeedDemon 1.0 : Comments

By Paul Scrivens

May 26, 2004

Comments

lee

May 26, 2004 6:52 PM

Feed Demon is a great application — I love it because it’s so easy to use I don’t have to consult the help file to remember how to do something I haven’t done in a while. I use Feed Demon, and Nick Bradbury’s other fantastic product, TopStyle, pretty much daily. As far as I’m concerned, the money I spent on each program has more than been returned to me in productivity and time saved. If he needs beta testers for his next product, I’m volunteering.

Simon Davies

May 27, 2004 3:01 AM

Feed Demon is brilliant. I use it all day every day, and with 1.10, you can use Mozilla as the internal browser :)

The Lizzzard

May 27, 2004 3:28 AM

I used the beta a long time ago, i definitely going to buy the final 1.0! Great :)

Christina

May 27, 2004 8:29 AM

I can’t agree that Atom is unimportant. There are thousands of bloggers using Blogger and it only does Atom (unless you had the premium version and were grandfathered in).

Kurt

May 27, 2004 9:39 AM

the new version 1.1 supports atom too

May 27, 2004 9:56 AM

Simon: Hold off and get 1.1 when it comes out within a week or less.

Kris Krug

May 27, 2004 11:14 AM

Personally, I’m diggin’ on NewsGator simply cause it plugs into my mail client (Outlook) and makes for good one-stop-shopping.

I’ll check out FeedDemon… thx for the tip.

kk+

Bartee

May 27, 2004 1:40 PM

Nick Bradbury writes it, I buy it. I use Cold Fusion Studio, which he wrote the original version of as Homesite, I use Topstyle for CSS and so when FeedDemon came out, I purchased it.

Unlike some programmers ( me included ) he listens and has an excellent network of people.

Great job…

Sheldon Schwartz

May 27, 2004 1:45 PM

I have been using NewsMonster with Mozilla for a while – and have really been diggin it.

Good to hear this works with Mozilla also- I’ll have to give it a spin!

Thanks-

S-

Morgan Pugh

May 29, 2004 9:15 AM

I have been using FeedDemon since about January 2004 and love it. It is probably the most used application on my PC that is an optional install (ie not Outlook or UltraEdit which I NEED). Nick is a great guy who makes great software. Also his support is the best I have ever had!

Kiffin Gish

May 29, 2004 1:12 PM

I used to waste hours surfing around the Internet endlessly in search of one thing or other. Now with FeedDemon I can easily setup my own newsfeeds and let all this information come to me instead! There are filters, search options and news bins which optimize this even more. Gotta watch out though for information overload as all these wonderful bits and pieces of information are making me more than 100% productive (never thought that was possible before I caught up with FeedDemon). Thanks alot Brad!

Kiffin Gish

May 29, 2004 1:13 PM

Sorry, I mean Nick (of course).

Jon Kennedy

July 2, 2004 7:00 AM

By far, one of the absolute best programmers in history.

The fact that he juggles 2 huge projects, runs a well designed website, and tracks feature requests and bugs within his newsgroup (now the forums) makes him a diety.

I purchased TopStyle Pro 3.10 about 30 minutes into using the “lite” version. I flolloped about when I saw all the extras Nick threw in to the Pro version (XHTML editing). Mind boggling. How does he do it? Does he ever have time for a relationship? ;)