Jeremy Keith Interview : Comments

By Carolyn Wood

February 26, 2007

Comments

James McNally

February 27, 2007 5:51 AM

Great to see that I share many of Jeremy’s non-skills: skiing, driving and swimming are also great non-abilities of mine. But if he can learn AJAX, then just maybe I can, too!

danno

February 27, 2007 9:23 AM

Hey, good to see this guy! I read through his DOM Scripting book a couple of months ago and now I can get around the node tree pretty well.

I also recommend this book for anybody looking for a thorough coverage of usability issues that you can address with AJAX patterns. Along with identifying the problems and their solutions, it deals with user-agent specific issues that come along with each approach, and links to production sites that utilize them.

Damien

February 28, 2007 5:12 PM

Every time I read something like this it stiffens my resolve that I must try again to read Jeremy’s first book (DOM Scripting). I tried the first fee chapters and lost interest but thats no reflection on the book as its a very good book, its more a reflection of me being too busy and probably that learning scripting is much harder for the non-programmer than say CSS. I will go back to it though and afterwards, probably buy the new one.

Stefan

March 1, 2007 2:46 AM

Do you discuss some JavaScript / AJAX frameworks in the book?

Jeremy Keith

March 2, 2007 2:29 PM

Stefan, there is a brief discussion of some of the popular JavaScript libraries at the end of the book but mostly no, the book doesn’t deal with frameworks. Instead, the focus is on how to write Ajax from scratch.

Anthony Ettinger

March 3, 2007 9:00 PM

Jeremy’s DOM Scripting book I thought was an excellent read…he knows how to write for someone who is self-taught like myself. I had also read Foundations in AJAX from Apress, but that was too cluttered with Jave (wtf? no PHP) examples and unexplained code.

Jeremy’s coding style kicks ss. Clean and to the point. None of this “I-write-code-like-old-people-f**” mentality I see on a lot of jobs.

I especially dug your “insertAfter” example :) – I still leave a citation comment in my JS when and if I ever borrow it from your book :)

Anyway, looking forward to reading it. It’s on my AMZN list,

I just ordered Pro Javascript Techniques which is more directed toward my current problem of handling animation (I hope).

PS – regex isn’t all that bad ;)

DogsFanBob

April 24, 2007 6:45 AM

Hi. I have hobby. I very much like dogs. If you too like them, these sites will like you. Very interesting sites.

http://dogital-camera.pozitor3.info/index.html dogital camera