Why Textpattern? An Interview with the Authors of Textpattern Solutions : Comments

By Andrea Schwandt-Arbogast

July 2, 2007

Comments

Tom

July 3, 2007 5:10 AM

Thanks for another great interview here on Digital Web.

Andre

July 3, 2007 6:24 AM

Interviews really are great! You should more of that. Innovation is more than just technology: it’s the people behind it!

kabari

July 3, 2007 4:31 PM

yea!! finally txp gets some real love. I’ve been a txp user since ’05 and have used for many of my clients. It really a great system for the designer/developer, but it also easy for clients to get used to and have fun with. As the article mentioned, the templating language is great.

great article!

Walker

July 5, 2007 8:49 AM

I love textpattern. I’ve been using it since it was in gamma (or some such greek character).

I’ve also been fortunate enough to have been given the pleasure of contributing to the community through release candidate testing & bug-shooting.

I’ve also created a few modest plugins.

If there’s one thing within textpattern that I can express vast amounts of love for, it’s the plugin system. Especially now that there are callback hooks everywhere within the core so that you can build plugins to do comment things & feed things.

matthew Smith

July 6, 2007 6:11 AM

I’ve finally got around to reading this! Great stuff. I’ve invested a huge amount of time into Textpattern to the point where I have decided to spend time and money on its improvement and developement. From my experience, there are few CMS’ out there in this niche.

Good to see TXP get some coverage it deserves.

Stephan

July 6, 2007 11:32 AM

Nice interview! I’ve used Wordpress and Movable Type as well, which are both good in their own right, but I feel Textpattern is far superior. Once I get some free time, I’d like to crunch out some quality plugins for Textpattern.

As the previous commenter, said, it’s nice to see Textpattern getting some coverage.

Dustin Brewer

July 9, 2007 8:06 PM

Another wonderful interview.

steve lam

July 20, 2007 6:34 PM

textpattern is an absolute joy to work with for those of us who do not have a programming (php) background. its just so simple to plug your html/css design into it and insert dynamic content where it is needed.

Jon Henshaw

August 1, 2007 5:19 AM

Textpattern can be difficult to grasp when you initially start to use it. However, if you stick with it, you will have that “ah ha” moment and everything will make complete sense. The best thing about Textpattern is how powerful it is for non-programmers (for designers). The ability to build a robust, dynamically generated website is amazing.

For those who are new or intermediate users to Textpattern, there’s an excellent book out now called Textpattern Solutions: PHP-Based Content Management Made Easy. Also, I’ve compiled a list of what I consider to be the most essential plugins for Textpattern.

Walker Hamilton

August 16, 2007 1:11 PM

@Jon Henshaw

Ummm

Nick Mayer

August 27, 2007 3:22 AM

Nice interview!

Best regards!

Dj Tiesto

September 17, 2007 7:27 PM

Interviews really are great!
Thank you.

Alonzo Mourning

September 17, 2007 7:28 PM

keep up the your great work.
thank you.

NBA

September 17, 2007 7:29 PM

The ability to build a robust, dynamically generated website is amazing.

youtube

October 28, 2007 9:36 PM

Nice job.Thanks. http://youtube.trkredi.com

Tiff Fehr

May 8, 2008 10:19 AM

Disabling comments on this article due to spam.