Jeffrey and Carrie's new pride and joy

September 29, 2004 at 7:36 AM

Congratulations to Jeffrey Zeldman and Carrie Bickner on their new baby girl, Ava Marie Zeldman. She came in to this world last night at about 11:30 weighing about seven pounds. Knowing her parents she is going to be very bright and talented. Feel free to email them and congratulate them, but please know that it may be some time before they get back home to their computers and check their email. Thanks to Grandpa Bickner for letting us know. I can't wait to see her.

Comments

Diego Eis

September 29, 2004 at 3:19 PM

Congratulations Zeldman!

Rik Abel

September 29, 2004 at 8:04 PM

Congratulations to both of you! I'm so happy for you both. Looking forward to photos! Best Wishes, Rik

Eileen Foster

September 29, 2004 at 8:38 PM

Congratulations to the new parents. Joy has a new name. To be sure, you'll get lots of advice in these early months. This one I never heeded, but should have: Sleep when the baby sleeps!

Spud

September 30, 2004 at 1:57 AM

Congratulations to you both, may the little blighter bring you years of joy.

Eric

September 30, 2004 at 11:37 AM

I don’t see mention of anything on those sites that would particularly warrant congratulations. In fact, as I type this on 30 September 2004, zeldman.com hasn’t been updated since 24 September 2004, and roguelibrarian.com hasn’t been updated since 15 January 2004. Are you certain you should be congratulating them, Nick?

September 30, 2004 at 1:09 PM

Eric: I imagine both of them haven't even touched a computer since the birth. You forget, they just had a baby. :) Maybe we'll see a post with photos about this in a week or two.

Quique Borred

October 1, 2004 at 2:09 AM

I'm with Eileen here. Try to catch sleep as the baby does, or you'll be much too tired to enjoy the baby. I bet we will see a blog on Ava Marie, as I tried to do with my little one (yet another boy, Jeff!) .. I never finished it, lol. And remember, the first three months are tough, but then after that, the baby grows 'interactive' Congrats to both!!

Stuart Maynard-Keene

October 1, 2004 at 6:53 AM

Congratulations on your new born I hope her and her mum are healthy and resting.

Stephanie

October 2, 2004 at 1:15 AM

Congratulations! :-)

clint

October 2, 2004 at 9:29 AM

congratz and may the Lord bless your family the length of your days...

Jacques

October 2, 2004 at 10:28 AM

Congrats! :)

Dante

October 3, 2004 at 7:49 PM

Ava Marie...nice name. They probably took it from "Ave Maria".