Readership Question: How often do you share articles?

October 27, 2004 at 8:04 PM

This week's readership question comes in from Chris Moritz. This is a question I should have asked along time ago. I find that one of the things I appreciate from my co-workers is when they share links to good articles or resources that I didn't know about before. With that said this week's readership question is: How often do you send Digital Web Magazine articles to co-workers, colleagues, or upper management? And if you don't I would love to hear why not. Keep it constructive. Post your answers in the comments for this post.

Comments

Chris Moritz

October 27, 2004 at 8:18 PM

Probably more often than some people would like. More often to co-workers than upper management, though if a particular article applies to their interests, I certainly pass it along to the appropriate executives. I've received great feedback from co-workers who find these articles informative, interesting, and germane to their work; always nice to hear!

Andrew Arch

October 27, 2004 at 9:38 PM

I regularly pass Digital Web articles (and articles from others) along to colleagues, both inside and outside our organisation. I appreciate being told about useful and interesting articles, so always assume that others do too.

James

October 27, 2004 at 10:31 PM

I often find them to be a little more like "Oh that's interesting; however, not quite useful to me though" kind of articles now. But I guess I'd be giving Making News With Web Standards to all of my clients to give as an example of a site which would show them the benifits of CSS and standards, were I a designer. That way I'd have an article for them to read, and 2 valid CSS-based layouts to look at (for those who haven't clued in yet: Digital Web is XHTML 1.0 Transitional).

Roger Johansson

October 28, 2004 at 12:40 AM

I try to send relevant articles (Digital Web or not) to co-workers as well as to management. Maybe one or two a week on average. Sometimes they read them, sometimes not. I have a feeling that many (most?) people don't really like reading anything longer than a few lines. Oh, if they only knew what they are missing ;) Like James, I feel that many of the recent Digital Web articles haven't been of any immediate use to me. The articles are still interesting though, it's just that many of them don't touch upon subjects that are "current" for me.

Roger Guttormsen

October 28, 2004 at 3:06 AM

I read most of the articles at digital-web.com. And I find many of them very useful, and those I pass on to my co-workers, with comments if they relate to spesific projects that we work on, or subjects that is relevant to us. I dont know if they read them all, but the feedback I get from them is that they find them interesting and it helps to keep them updated on professional subjects.

Morgan Roderick

October 28, 2004 at 3:52 AM

To keep the amount of mail down, I usually only pass along articles that are relevant to current discussions I am having with my colleagues ... so over the past 6 months, it's been something like 4 to 6 articles from Digital Web.

Laura

October 28, 2004 at 6:29 AM

I send relevant articles to all subscribed members of my newsletter, the Web Design Update . I also post them on the Web Design Reference site.

David Mead

October 29, 2004 at 9:55 AM

I forward quite a few articles, and now a couple of co-workers/uppermanagement check on their own and send them around. I always find the content relevant and mixed so it does keep the interest of different cirlces of co-workers. Keep up the good work.

Michael Almond

October 30, 2004 at 11:55 PM

All the time. THE SOURCE!