Visio Stencils for Information Architecture

December 15, 2004 at 5:20 PM

There is nothing I hate more than being sick. Now that I am recovering I thought I would share something with my dedicated readers. For those of you who use Visio for your IA work such as wireframes, sitemaps, and process flows I have uploaded my own set of visio stencils here for you to use. They are still pretty rough around the edges but they work fine. You'll need a current version of Visio, it won't work with the older versions. They are .vss files inside of a .zip file so you may want to have WinZip handy. If you want to see some of the other IA stencils out there I recommend checking out the Visio Stencil resource section in the Web Power Tools presentation that Ross Olson and I did.

Comments

Chris Moritz

December 15, 2004 at 7:33 PM

Thanks! Forever Geek has a similar post today.

Chris Moritz

December 15, 2004 at 7:38 PM

Ooops! Looks like you got there already! lol.

December 15, 2004 at 8:49 PM

Yep, it reminded me that I need to get my stencils online to share. I have a few templates I will also be sharing. I'll probably end up making a page for this stuff on nickfinck.com or something. I'll post here if I do.

December 16, 2004 at 12:46 PM

After reviewing the stencils I am going to be making a few changes to them in the near future. Look for an update shortly.

Are Halland

December 17, 2004 at 4:25 AM

I have Visio Pro 2002, and cannot open the stencils because "it was created with a newer or unrecognized version of Visio". Any poss of an downgraded update?

December 17, 2004 at 8:30 AM

Are: As I stated above "You'll need a current version of Visio" The current version of visio is Visio Pro 2003.

December 30, 2004 at 4:34 PM

Ok, I have updated the stencils and created a landing page that better explains their intended use. You can access the current version of the stencils here: Visio Stencils for Information Architects.