A little history about WebVisions
April 20, 2005 at 4:38 PM
In July we will be kicking off another WebVisions event in Portland, Oregon. This is our fifth year for the event so I thought it might be interesting to share with you some historical insight into WebVisions. Below is a list of links to the various sites speakers for each year of the event:
- WebVisions 2001
- Jeffrey Zeldman, Geoff Hiller, Heather Irwin, Gabe Kean, and Molly Sokolow
- WebVisions 2002
- Jesse James Garrett, Gabe Kean, Erik Natzke, Joe Shepter, Seb Chevrel, Kim Markegard, and Brad Smith
- WebVisions 2003
- Jeffrey Veen, Jeff Faulkner, Kelly Goto, Mark Newhouse, and Dr. U.N. Umesh
- WebVisions 2004
- Peter Morville, Anil Dash, D. Keith Robinson, Ernest Kim, Kelly Goto, Matt Owens, Dirk Knemeyer, DL Byron, Jason Fried, Scott Hirsch, Armin Vit, Christina Wodtke, Julie Beeler, Kit Seeborg, Matt Haughey, and Nate Koechley
- WebVisions 2005
- BJ Fogg, Molly Holzschlag, Peter Merholz, Cameron Moll, Tom Byrnes, Bill DeRouchey, Sandro Corsaro, Thomas Vander Wal, Chris Bond, Eric Falat, Alan K'necht, and more to be announced shortly
It seems that the event doubles if not triples in size every years. So I have high hopes of yet another record-breaking turnout this year. I hope to see you there. Also don't forget to check out the Portland UX events page if you happen to be in town.
Wow, someone must have gone to a *lot* of work to make sure that each of those sites stayed preserved and available all these years later. That guy should get an award...
Hahaha! Yes, thank you Ross Olson! :P