OmniGraffle 4.0

September 14, 2005 at 9:20 AM

My friends at OmniGroup tell me that OmniGraffle 4.0 has been released. Clearly some of my friends are not excited about this as I am, but that's ok... they'd only understand if they were an information architect on the Mac. To celebrate this occasion I will be releasing the OmniGraffle version of my Stencils for Information Architects later tonight. More on that later. Enjoy.

Comments

Chris Moritz

September 14, 2005 at 10:29 AM

Hooray! [I want it known that I got OG4 before Nick did] ;)

September 14, 2005 at 11:07 AM

Only like 2 seconds before. Anyway, I'll have an IA stencil before you :P How do you like 4.0?

Mike Rundle

September 14, 2005 at 12:20 PM

Both you guys are out of the loop, I've been messing with the OG4 beta for about a week or so now, and it's utterly amazing :) OmniGraffle is the secret tool in my toolbox now, and I use it for all my design comps instead of Illustrator. Illustrator = too slow and bulky. OmniGraffle = quickly does things the way I think they should be done. I can't sing the praises of OmniGraffle enough. Any OmniGroupers out there want to pass me a free copy of OG4 for a review on BusinessLogs.com?

Keith

September 14, 2005 at 12:21 PM

I'm excited...now to get it.

September 14, 2005 at 1:01 PM

Mike, we're talking about the release product, not the Beta. The Beta has been around for a long time.

Mike Rundle

September 14, 2005 at 1:02 PM

I just noticed that too Nick. Glad to see it's for real now!

Chris Moritz

September 14, 2005 at 1:28 PM

I think it's fantastic. I just discovered that you can edit within a group. You click on a grouped object, and then click again on a sub-item within that group. The rest of the interface darkens and you can directly edit that object. Fantastic! The Outline view is going to be a life-saver!

Britt

September 14, 2005 at 2:01 PM

I was using OG4 last year! I'm already on OG6. It rocks way more than you can imagine. OK. I'm rushing off to buy OG4 right now because it sounds like the thing I need. It'll also give me a good reason to work from home on my Mac rather than struggle with Illustrator at work on my PC. Waiting for those templates...

Chris Moritz

September 14, 2005 at 4:50 PM

Britt, I'll pay you good money to get a hold of that OG6 disk image. Oh, never mind. What was I thinking. Of course it requires OS 10.7, which I only have the first alpha of. Oh well.