The 2006 SXSW People Awards
March 26, 2006 at 6:06 PM
Ok, as we do every year now, rather than just posting a standard list of names and links to people I meet, I ve everyone a title of sorts. The titles were developed and given based on a complicated algorithm using darts, sticky notes and newspaper clippings. Without further delay, here is the list, enjoy:
- Most simplistic minimalist business card: Craig Cook
- Coolest business card that could double as a life saving device: @Media 2006
- Best free beer token: Mule Design, "Find a Mule and get a free beer"
- Best slogan: Gilbert Lee, "Easy to use me."
- Most anticipated meeting: Veerle Pieters
- Most happy to have met: Andy Baio
- Most overdue meeting: Jonathan Snook
- Best code kung-fu: Douglas Clifton
- Best railer: Michael Buffington
- Most corproate backing for a programmer: Leonard Lin
- Most extraordinary woman: Heather Hesketh
- Best conversationalist: Aaron Jones
- Best geeked out conversation: Chris Pirillo
- Best lunch chat: Zach Inglis
- Best shirt: Chris Fahey, "Kern"
- Best outfit plugging a product: Curt Cloninger
- Best shwag recieved: Jim Coudal, "Copy Goes Here"
- Best brief meeting: Greg Storey
- Best photo of a photographer: James Archer
- Most Photogenic: Shaun Inman
- Least Photogenic: Ethan Marcotte
- Most likely to have a photo taken at an inoppertune time: DL Byron
- Best crazyman face: Jason Santa Maria
- Best superhero pose: Mike Rundle
- Most down to earth: Paul Nixon
- Most wished I could have talked to more: Jeffrey Zeldman
- Best Margarita maker: Bart, bartender at the Iron Cactus
- Most amount of drinks ever carried through a our party by one individual: this guy
- Most elusive: Cameron Barrett
- Most often seen without a camera in hand: Kris Krug
- Most often seen infront of a camera: Craig Newmark
- Most wishing they were not infront of a camera: Kevin Cheng
- Most connected all the way around: Jason McVearry
- Most connected with social software: Chris Griego
- Best lurker: Wes Felter
- Best hair (2nd year winner): John Halcyon Styn
- Best fluffy red beard: Rob Weychert
- Most drunk when there is drinking to be had: D. Keith Robinson
- Most hopping that we're not in another bubble: Hugh Forrest
- Most quiet: Garrett Dimon
- Most mobile: Brian Fling
- Best party: South by Northwest (hey, if I said anything else I would be lieing)
- Best party host: Brad Graham
- Best height: Christopher Schmitt tied with Ryan Gantz
- Best first timer at SXSWi: Rick Cecil
- Best new idea at SXSWi: Bryan Veloso, bowling
- Most likley to have the next big idea: Thomas Vander Wal
- Most likley to forget the names and phases of people he met at SXSWi: Nick Finck
Ok, so I know I am totally missing like a three thousand people... well, maybe more, but to be honest, the whole event was a blur to me... I am only now beginning to put the pieces back together via the photos that I have taken. So, with that said, if you have any more awards you feel should be given out for SXSWi 2006, please by all means add them in the comments to this post.
It's not simplistic, it's minimalist. Big difference ;)
Wow, my name, the phrase "best code", kung-fu and a link, all on the same line. ;-)
Aw man, I can't believe that Jason pipped me at the post for "best crazyman face". I'm just going to have to try harder next year.
you need to show these ultra-impressive cards and such!
Oh, you know I'm a pretty man. ;)
Next year lets make it more than brief Nick. Also, I totally plan on unseating Rob from the red beard category. It may take me a year to grow a "fluffy" one but Weychert your days on top are soon to be over!
Big words, Greg. Given your company name, though, I think most people are used to you being full of hot air.
I don't know what SXSW you were at man. Garrett Dimon most quiet?? Me most drunk? Like you'd know, you missed the high party time every night and I assure you I wasn't anywhere near the most drunk. ;0) I admit, I did try...
I wish I'd ran into you again, cause I was going to say, "can you take a good picture of me at least once?" It was great to see you at SXSW and you guys had the best party.