The 2006 SXSW People Awards

March 26, 2006 at 6:06 PM

Ok, as we do every year now, rather than just posting a standard list of names and links to people I meet, I ve everyone a title of sorts. The titles were developed and given based on a complicated algorithm using darts, sticky notes and newspaper clippings. Without further delay, here is the list, enjoy:

Ok, so I know I am totally missing like a three thousand people... well, maybe more, but to be honest, the whole event was a blur to me... I am only now beginning to put the pieces back together via the photos that I have taken. So, with that said, if you have any more awards you feel should be given out for SXSWi 2006, please by all means add them in the comments to this post.

Comments

Craig C.

March 26, 2006 at 7:11 PM

It's not simplistic, it's minimalist. Big difference ;)

Douglas Clifton

March 26, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Wow, my name, the phrase "best code", kung-fu and a link, all on the same line. ;-)

Jeremy Keith

March 27, 2006 at 1:35 AM

Aw man, I can't believe that Jason pipped me at the post for "best crazyman face". I'm just going to have to try harder next year.

steve

March 27, 2006 at 8:06 AM

you need to show these ultra-impressive cards and such!

Ethan

March 27, 2006 at 11:24 AM

Oh, you know I'm a pretty man. ;)

Greg Storey

March 27, 2006 at 11:51 AM

Next year lets make it more than brief Nick. Also, I totally plan on unseating Rob from the red beard category. It may take me a year to grow a "fluffy" one but Weychert your days on top are soon to be over!

Rob Weychert

March 27, 2006 at 12:29 PM

Big words, Greg. Given your company name, though, I think most people are used to you being full of hot air.

Keith

March 27, 2006 at 2:58 PM

I don't know what SXSW you were at man. Garrett Dimon most quiet?? Me most drunk? Like you'd know, you missed the high party time every night and I assure you I wasn't anywhere near the most drunk. ;0) I admit, I did try...

DL Byron

April 1, 2006 at 2:53 PM

I wish I'd ran into you again, cause I was going to say, "can you take a good picture of me at least once?" It was great to see you at SXSW and you guys had the best party.