Digital Web Magazine's new Editor in Chief, Matthew Pennell

December 17, 2007 at 12:03 PM

I am happy to announce that Matthew Pennell, one of Digital Web Magazine’s unsung heroes, has accepted the position of Editor in Chief. For those who don’t know, Matthew has been the guy behind the curtain — dealing with getting new authors on board, working with them to refine their articles, and managing all of the logistics that go with getting articles published, not to mention blogging a bunch. He does all of this from his home near Cambridge in the UK. If you wish to read more of his work, I would highly recommend you check out his personal blog The Watchmaker Project. Needless to say, Matthew has been a huge help around here and I am happy to see him take on the role of Editor in Chief. It won’t be easy to follow in the footsteps of Carolyn Wood, but I am sure he will make a great editor and we will see some great things come out of him steering the ship, so please welcome him into his new role. Matthew, we cleared out a virtual corner office for you here, hope it’s to your suiting.

Comments

Mathew Patterson

December 16, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Well done Matthew! You must be one of the busiest men on the web now, I’m sure you will do a great job.

Tiffehr

December 16, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Congratulations, Matthew! Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke.

Chip Diffendaffer

December 16, 2007 at 2:43 PM

Congrats to Matthew! Looking forward to another year of DW and seeing everyone back at SXSW!

Martin Ringlein

December 16, 2007 at 2:55 PM

Awesome! Congrats Matthew.

Cindy

December 16, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Cheers! :) A virtual toast from me to you!

Carolyn Wood

December 16, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Can’t imagine anyone doing a better job! Nick hired you for your looks, but, really, I think you’re fairly intelligent, as well! :)
But, seriously, your knowledge of the web, the people who work on it, the issues, web standards, design, development, and all the rest, will continue to be a tremendous asset to Digital Web. Congratulations!

Dustin Diaz

December 18, 2007 at 3:52 PM

Well done mate. Congratulations. You will do great.