Happy 12th birthday digital-web.com!

May 13, 2008 at 7:43 PM

So I am supposed to be on vacation, sitting here in Kauai enjoying a Mai Tai and the warm sun and surf… but I can’t help but crawl online (DSL here seems to top out at 2400bps) to post about a very special day for Digital Web Magazine. Long time readers will know today is digital-web.com’s 12th birthday.

Way back in 1996 we registered the domain and over the years it took shape to become the online magazine you see today. In 1999, just 3 years after registering the domain, we had our first issue published. Since then we have published more articles than I can count under more topics than I could imagine thanks to the help of more contributors than I could have dreamed of. But most of all, I owe a big thanks to a staff who has volunteered their time and energy week after week to make sure we have a new issue to publish. I can never thank you enough!

I owe a bit of thanks to our editors Frances Berriman, Laurie Rauch, Nicole Ramsey, William Hicks, and a special thanks to Jessica Neuman Beck for keeping everyone in line.

I also owe a big thank you to Walker Hamilton whose technical skills keeps us afloat, and to Tiff Fehr for painstakingly producing every issue, and most of all to Matthew Pennell for taking the helm and making sure we are on course and steaming along every week. Thanks for all your help! Readers, please show your appreciation by commenting on this post to thank the staff for all their hard work, Digital Web Magazine wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for them!

Comments

Scott

May 13, 2008 at 8:47 PM

Kudos to everyone everyone who has helped make Digital Web the great publication it is, from the editors to the article authors to the folks that keep the site afloat. You all deserve a hearty round of applause and at least one or two glasses of your preferred beverage. Cheers!

Anitra

May 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Congrats to everyone. Thank you for your dedication and hard work—it’s valued and appreciated. I look forward to your continued efforts. Rock on!

Jennie Robinson

May 13, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Hear, hear! Congrats Nick and gang. Proud to have been a part of it.

Garrett Dimon

May 14, 2008 at 3:52 AM

Congrats to the whole team. It’s not easy to keep something going week after week and cover such a wide range of topics with such consistently high quality. Thanks for everything that ya’ll do.

Ryan Brunsvold

May 14, 2008 at 6:22 AM

I’ve been a loyal reader for roughly 5 years now and I cannot express how appreciative I am for your continued commitment to quality. Congratulations to the whole team. You guys definitely deserve all the praise you get.

Marko Dugonjić

May 14, 2008 at 7:10 AM

Ooh, twelve years! You guys are genuine classics!

Craig Saila

May 14, 2008 at 8:19 AM

Congratulations Nick and the DW crew; few publications (online or off-) last as long as this, but when it produces the quality of content Digital Web does, the longevity is well deserved.

Mark

May 15, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Congrats to all, that’s quite an achievement and it’s still an essential read.

Ginny Laughlin

May 19, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Your excellent articles on wide-ranging topics are helpful and create community for many who work in far-flung places. Many thanks and hearty congratulations to all of you on 12 years.