Web Directions South Surfboard design contest! (Contest now closed)
July 13, 2008 at 11:42 PM
Regular Digital Web readers might have hazarded an educated guess about our contest topic for Web Directions South. Such that it is, Digital Web is proud to partner with Web Directions South to offer one lucky DW reader with a killer surfboard design a free conference pass! We also have a few excellent runners-up prizes, courtesy of WDS partner Wacom.
Not a designer? Well, we have an option for you (though no guarantees you’ll like it): express the iconic Sydney Opera House in SVG, or as an architecturally themed microformat. We don’t have any real guidance on that one…actually, we’d just like to see someone try.
Check out the rules below, fire up Photoshop and get your design going. To get you started, here’s a template—classic longboard, dude!
- Contest starts at Midnight (Pacific Daylight Time) on Monday, July 14, 2008 and
ends at Midnight (Pacific Daylight Time) on Monday, July 28, 2008ends at Midnight (Pacific Daylight Time) on Friday, August 1st, 2008
- One entry per person, sent in gif, png, jpg or zip format to digweb.contest~at~gmail.com
- Winner receives one free pass to the conference. Workshops are not included. Travel and accommodations are not included. Free pass is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or cash equivalent.
- Artists keep the right to the designs. Digital Web & Web Directions will not use them for any non-conference purposes (though we do need to display them in conjunction with the contest).
Conference & Expo, September 25 & 26 – Sydney Convention Centre, Darling Harbour Parkside
Workshops, September 23 & 24 – PowerHouse Museum
$850 before July 19th
- $950 Before September 6th
- $1050 full price
- $450 Conference attendees
- $550 Workshops only
Hit up the comments.
we are really nice down here – so if you win, you can transfer the pass to a friend, etc etc.
I just added a note to the contest rules about image rights, after Mark McCarthy correctly asked about our policy. You keep the right to the designs – we just get the right to display them, and generally use them in conjunction with the conference. We won’t sell them or do anything with them for monetary gain. If anything beyond that comes up (unlikely), we’ll be sure to ask for specific permission.
My apologies for forgetting to mention that in the rules!