Matthew steps down as Editor-in-Chief

Matthew Pennell

December 5, 2008 at 7:38 AM

After a great two years with the magazine, I’m afraid the time has come for me to step down as Editor-in-Chief here at Digital Web. It has been great fun and very rewarding, and I have met some fantastic people both online and in person, but I have decided that I want to spend more time next year on both personal projects and watching my children grow up. My thanks to Nick Finck for giving me this opportunity, and to Tiff, Walker, and the other staff for all their help — without our dedicated volunteers, the magazine would not be able to keep churning out such great content each week.

Keep an eye on this news feed for a special announcement from our founder, Nick Finck, on where Digital Web will be heading in 2009.

Comments

Craig Saila

December 5, 2008 at 8:02 AM

Thanks for helping craft a great magazine over the past couple of years.

Derek Allard

December 5, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Matthew, you’ve done an AMAZING job, and helped build this up into something wonderful. Congrats on a great job, and for building a legacy that any new editor can run with.

December 5, 2008 at 10:41 AM

We’re really going to miss you man. Please keep in touch!

Carolyn Wood

December 5, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Matthew, you brought so much to this magazine. Back when I was part of the team here, you were great fun to work with, and had so much to offer: insight on web trends, in-depth knowledge on an amazing range of technical subjects, great sense of design, wit, writing ability—I could go on and on. Any team or company would be fortunate to have you on board, as a manager or as a great freelancer to hire. (And he didn’t even pay me to say this, folks.)

Tiff Fehr

December 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Matthew, it’s been an honor to work with you…though I think I said that over IM at 1 a.m./9 a.m. each Wednesday of the last two years as you helped me answer last minute style and layout questions for our articles. Only transcripts would know for sure, so I’m noting it here. I know this was a difficult decision for you, but it’s the right one. Take care, and rest assured I’ll still occasionally bug you on IM way too early in your mornings, just for old time’s sake.

Matt Beck

December 6, 2008 at 4:48 AM

Best Wishes Matthew!

Andy Budd

December 7, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Nice work Matt

simon r jones

December 11, 2008 at 5:02 AM

well done on all the hard work Matthew + good luck in your future endeavours