Win a full pass to Web Directions North, in Vancouver, Canada, February 6-10, 2007. Web Directions North features top-notch speakers including Dave Shea, Doug Bowman, Veerle Pieters, Andy Clarke, Cameron Moll, Kelly Goto, Jeremy Keith, Dan Cederholm, Derek Featherstone, John Allsopp, and many more. Making the gathering even cooler, the conference is followed by two days of optional skiing & snowboarding, with speakers and fellow conference goers, at the world-class mountains of Whistler-Blackcomb, home of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Not much of a skiier/snowboarder? Whistler-Blackcomb features plenty for beginners, too.
- First Prize: A two-day full conference pass and one day at Whistler (includes luxury coach transfer to and from Vancouver/Whistler, and lift ticket). Value $USD1000.
- Runner Up Prizes (2 winners): One day of coach and lift tickets. Value $USD100 each.
To win, submit your very own snowboard design! In the grand tradition of pro snowboarders and classic boardsmiths like Burton, Lib Tech, and Sims, we invite you to put your design skills into the most radical snowboard ever! Make it geeky, make it awesome, make it classic—whatever you want, it’s your design.
Not a designer? We’ve got an option for you. Take a photo of yourself on an improvised snowboard of your own invention. Sure, it might not be snow-legal, but it could work in a pinch. The more inventive, the better! Absolutely can’t attend? Enter your design anyway – join the fun! Plus, we just might have some other prizes.
- Limit: 3 photo or design submissions per person, from a verifiable e-mail address.
- Send a 400 x 400-pixel jpg of your entry (for the photo option) or a wider jpg—even 800 pixels or wider is fine—(for the snowboard design option) as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to use a template, we have some you can download.
- 2 week deadline—submission window will close end of the day, 12/4/2006.
We’ll post the designs as we go along, and the winners on 12/11/2006. Good luck!